“Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too.
Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
― Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky
“How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood,
some afternoon that’s so deeply a part of your being
that you can’t even conceive of your life without it?
Perhaps four or five times more.
Perhaps not even that.
How many more times will you watch the full moon rise?
And yet it all seems limitless.”
The school of hard-knocks that is life clearly isn’t just any bubble-wrapped, sugar-coated candyland.
When the going gets tough, chant this mantra:
To me, being 22 & trying to keep your sanity in this crazy world is:
1. Realizing what a terrible person I am / had been
2. Knowing my flaws, recognizing the need to improve in all ways possible, all the time
3. Accepting people for who they are, and the society, even if they’re harsh on you
4. Keeping those whom are worth your time, effort and energy close
5. Staying afloat. Navigate and just keep swimming, just keep swimming…
Glass is always half-full
Or completely filled with air
Then again, overly positive people can sometimes be fricking annoying…
but oh well…
LET’S GO LET’S GO!!!!