To sum up my third Auckland experience:
1. Mediocre room service from Crowne Plaza at 2am local time. Great chips, over-fried snapper fish. But still yum-in-my-tum after 10-hours in the skies.
2. 15°C in the day, with the sun out. What more can you ask for?
3. My favourite cereals and the works – late-night snacking essentials.
4. Thumping the threadmill late evening before another round of fish-and-chips, kiwi-style. Definitely calls for gymming over-time.
5. Strawberries and Cream Frappucino! What more can I say, I love this shit. It’s ice-cream, milk, strawberries, fresh cream all in a cup.
6. Late-night gossip with awesome colleagues. Talking stuffs only we understand, surrounding ourselves with quizzical stares when we burst into maniacal laughter.
7. Brunch is Japanese food, again! (We did Japanese the day before as well) They seem to love Japanese food down-south because these joints are everywhere in Australia and New Zealand. Katsu Chicken Curry with a lemony-twist. Loved it.
The whole lot more doesn’t come with pictures. I don’t love Auckland particularly but the place definitely has its perks. Someday soon I would get ballsy enough to do that SkyTower bungee jump.
The SkyTower from our balcony
Beacon of light so nobody ever loses their way.